My daughter has had all of her evaluations completed by the school district and we have met with her team to go over the reports. We will be having the formal IEP meeting next week. They are recommending that she do a 1/2 day fully included in the typical Kindergarten class with support, and 1/2 day in learning support class where they will reinforce everything they are teaching in the regular class, and she will have her therapies during this time. This is really exactly what we want, but the problem is that this is not at her home elementary school. They said she can be fully included in the regular K class at our home school, but she will have to get all of her therapies pushed into the half day that she is there and it will only be half day. I visited both schools and I really loved the home school – the principal was very nice and the school itself is newer and very nice. There are many reasons why I want her in her home school, (siblings will be attending there, neighborhood kids will go there etc…) but I don’t want to sacrifice her having less services. They said that many kids do the full day Kindergarten at the other school and then return to first grade at their home schools. But there is no guarantee, and I am afraid that if I let her start K at the other school, I will have to fight to get her back into her home school. They would like me to make a decision as to where we want her to go, so that they can determine which special ed. teacher will lead the IEP team (different ones at different schools). I am very torn and would really appreciate some feedback. Also, I am not even sure we will start her in K in the fall (she doesn’t turn 5 until June) – we may likely decide just to have her do another year of preschool. They said she could always go this year and then repeat K the next year so that is another option we are considering too. Thank you in advance for any advice you could share!