2012 NDSC Convention Registration
Registration is OPEN!Click here to register for the 2012 NDSC Convention. The Youth & Adult Conference is more than half full. Registration for the Y&A Conference will close when capacity is reached or on June 8, whichever comes first. Don’t delay and risk disappointing your self advocate!
Why Attend a Pre-conference Session?
Pre-conference sessions are designed to dig deep into one specific topic with a nationally recognized speaker in the Down syndrome community. For an additional registration fee ($75), attendees can get to the bottom of their questions and walk away with real-life resources and educational tools for their family. Don’t miss out on the chance to draw from the vast experience of these “Rock Star” speakers! Read below what past attendees said after attending one of these three sessions:
Teaching Children with DS to Read, Dana Halle (Click here for full description)
- Very creative and practical method of learning. Excellent presentation!
- Thanks for making it teacher friendly – we brought ours.
- Hands on knowledge to take home and actually use.
Making Sure a Child’s IEP is Meaningful and Understandable, Michael Remus
(Click here for full description)
- Incredible speaker that delivered a practical approach to a topic that is
controversial to all stake-holders, from parents to professionals
- Thorough, passionate, realistic – excellent presentation skills!
- Concrete ideas to improve inclusion. All resources shared for free on his website.
E.I., E.I., OH! Giving Little Ones a Great Start, Stacy Taylor (Click here for full description)
- Very practical suggestions; humorous delivery, strong grasp of subject &
good use of visual aids.
- I’m not a bad mother. Thank you for helping me see the light.
- She was fabulous. Loved the resources and structured action plans.
More Important Details About Pre-cons:
- There are 12 different pre-conference sessions. Click here for the full list.
- Every session begins at 8:00 am and ends at 12:30 pm on Friday, July 20.
- Handouts, coffee and pastries are included in the $75 registration fee.
- Kids’ Camp Session 1 is Friday, July 20 from 7:30 am – 12:30 pm to help parents
traveling with children.
Are You Still Considering the Meal Plan?
If you are considering ordering the meal plan, here are a few important details that may help in your decision-making:
- The Meal Plan is $75 per person and includes 4 set meals (dinner on Friday, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday).
- The convention schedule is set up so that all conferences break at the same time, so the hotel food outlets will be very busy at those times. (We anticipate as many as 3000 people at this year’s convention.)
- Hotel food outlets will cost approximately $15 – $20 for breakfast and lunch, and $20 - $30 for dinner per person.
- While there are fast food options (McDonalds, Chipotle, pizza) and other restaurants located on Connecticut Avenue behind the hotel, there is a bit of a steep hill to access them.
- Most sleeping rooms at the Marriott have a small refrigerator.
Click here for more details on the meal plan.